<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/20404995/?claim=ju8xvftucpf”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
What are affirmations and do they work?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you see past the negative or unhelpful thoughts, they’re aimed to affect the conscious and the subconscious mind in which they affect our behaviour, habits, thoughts and environment. Once you get in to a routine of saying them daily and start to believe in them, you can start to see positive changes in your life which could then motivate yourself and boost your self esteem. If you often find yourself getting caught up in negative self talk, adding a positive affirmation to your day can help combat these subconscious patterns.
According to Andrew Newberg, M.D. and Mark Robert Waldman, “A single word has the power to influence the expression of genes that regulate physical and emotional stress.”
We spend so much time inside our own heads, we may not say words out loud but they’re still there and they count.
How to use affirmations:
- Use an app – I’d recommend these apps, My Daily Affirmations/Vision Board
- Say them out loud and say as if you mean it – This works best in front of a mirror, try it when you’re getting ready on a morning (putting makeup on, shaving, washing).
- Chant them.
- Write them down so you can see them everyday – Buy a notebook specifically for motivational lists or write on sticky notes and stick them everywhere, your desk, door, inside your wardrobe, the mirror you look at everyday.
Below is a list of my favourite affirmations:
- I am happy with who I am.
- I love my life and it loves me.
- I am grateful for the gift that is my life.
- I choose happiness.
- I am filled with light and love.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- I believe in myself and my ability to achieve my goals.
- I will get to where I want to be and enjoy the journey.
- I have everything that I need to be happy.
- I love myself and I allow myself to be fully loved.
- I am grounded, worthy and whole.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I am enough and who I am in this moment is enough.
- I am gifted with and surrounded by amazing friends and family.
- I am resilient, strong and brave.
- I accept and love myself, throughly and completely.
- I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
- Though these times are difficult, they are only a short phase of life.
- I am remarkable and cherished.